Please take a moment to like and subscribe ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿
Click for detail Recipe - http://www.madhurasrecipe.com/regional-
Visit Facebook page - https://business.facebook.com/madhurasrecipe
For Business inquiries please email us on [email protected]
Puran poli is a traditional Maharashtrian recipe. I already have uploaded the recipe for puran poli last year. But in this recipe we will make puran traditional way using a little twist. It will save your time and energy too. Do try puran poli this way this year and drop a comment for me. Do not forget to like, share and subscribe.
• 1 cup Wheat flour
• 1 cup Maida / All purpose flour
• A pinch of Turmeric powder
• 1/2 tsp Salt
• 2~3 tsp Oil
• 1 cup Chana dal
• A pinch of Turmeric powder
• 1/2 tsp Oil
• 1 cup Gudh / Jaggery
• Cardamom powder
• Nut meg powder
For making Poli:
• Ghee / Oil
• Take wheat flour and maida into a dish.
• You can use only maida or only wheat flour.
• Add turmeric powder, salt to taste and mix everything well
• Add a little water at a time and knead a little thin dough.
• The dough should not be thick at all.
• Spread oil and knead the dough to make it nice and soft.
• Transfer the dough into a bowl and spread a little oil over it.
• Cover and rest the dough for at least 1 hour.
• The more you knead and rest the dough the softer the puran poli
• Take dal into a bowl and wash it really good 2-3 times.
• Soak dal in enough water for about 7-8 hours or overnight.
• Transfer the soaked dal into cooker and add water.
• You can decide the quantity of water depending on how much kat
• Add turmeric powder, oil and mix well.
• Close the lid and cook dal on medium heat until 5-6 whistles. Do
not cook on high heat.
• Strain the excess water or kat from the dal.
• You can use the water for making katachi amti.
• Mash the cooked dal really good with potato masher.
• You can beat the dal well with a whisk or ravi too.
• Add gudh and turn on the gas.
• Cook dal on medium heat for about 15-20 minutes or until it
thickens up really good and comes together.
• Turn off the gas and add cardamom powder, nutmeg powder and
• The puran is already.
For Making Puran Poli:
• Take the dough and knead it once more to make soft and nice.
• Take a small ball of dough and dip it in dry flour.
• Make pari as we roll while making modak.
• The pari should be thin at the edges and a little thick at the
• Stuff puran and close up the pari from all sides.
• Remove the excess dough if any.
• Dip the ball in dry flour once more and roll the poli.
• Roll it carefully so that puran won’t come out.
• The poli should be evenly rolled.
• Heat up a pan on medium heat.
• When the pan is enough hot transfer the poli on it.
• When small bubbles begin to appear on upper side after about 2
minutes flip the poli over.
• Spread ghee on the poli. You can use oil too.
• Flip the poli over and spread ghee on other side too.
• When poli is roasted well from both sides take it off the pan.
• Puran poli is already.
• You can make 7-8 puran poli form this proportion.
Subscribe to my other channels
For more Such Videos
पुरणपोळी | Puran Poli Recipe | Maharashtrian PuranPoli | madhurasrecipe
कटाची आमटी | Katachi Amti | Maharashtrian Amti | madhurasrecipe
गुळ पोळी | How to make Tilachi Poli | Tilgul Poli | Gulachi Poli | madhurasrecipe
खुसखुशीत खव्याची पोळी | Khawyachi Poli | Khava Poli | Khoya Paratha | MadhurasRecipe | Ep - 273
बटाटयाची भाजी | Batata Bhaji | Aloo Sabzi | Aloo ki Sukhi Sabzi | madhurasrecipe
बासुंदी | How to make Basundi | Authentic Maharashtrian Sweet Recipe | MadhurasRecipe
श्रीखंड | Keshar Pista Shrikhand by madhurasrecipe | Dussehra special Sweet
गुलाबजाम | Gulab Jamun Recipe with Khoya or Mawa | Padwa Special | madhurasRecipe
सत्यनारायणाचा प्रसाद | Prasadacha Sheera | MadhurasRecipe |
उकडीचे मोदक / Ukadiche Modak by madhurasrecipe Marathi